SD Remix Lite is a version of SD Remix that can be run off of a memory card. It contains all of the same character changes in the full version of SD Remix, but it contains a subset of the remaining features.
Note: Dolphin is NOT supported by SD Remix Lite. Dolphin can already easily play the full version of SD Remix, and Dolphin also has code caching issues that get in the way of various mods, unless they are specifically coded for Dolphin. SD Remix LIte was optimized for real consoles, since consoles are the ones that need something like this.
Getting SD Remix Lite onto your memory card
Before you get started, be aware that SD Remix Lite overwrites your existing SSBM save file. If you want to keep your SSBM save file, you can either back it up (explained in the sub pages), or you can get a cheap spare memory card from Amazon. The KMD 4MB memory card seems to work well and is cheap.
There are a few different ways to get SD Remix Lite onto your memory card:
- From another memory card: You can copy SD Remix Lite from someone else who has it. Go to the copy instructions for more details and instructions.
- Using a normal Wii: If you have a normal Wii, you can copy SD Remix Lite to your memory card as long as you have an SD Card. For more details, go to the Wii Installation page.
- Using the Homebrew Channel: If you have a hacked Wii with the homebrew channel installed, you can use the homebrew channel to run an app that will transfer the save files to and from your memory card. Go to the Homebrew Channel instructions for more details.
- Using a GameCube: If you don’t have a Wii, you can copy save files to your memory card by running a homebrew app. This requires a homebrew device, the cheapest of which is generally ($20). For more information, go to the GameCube instructions.
Playing SD Remix Lite
Once you have a memory card with the right save file of SD Remix Lite for your version of SSBM, you need to follow the following steps after booting up SSBM to enable/activate SD Remix:
- Go to the Main Menu screen, then select Versus Mode, then select Name Entry.
- When you go into Name Entry, you should hear the announcer exclaim “Success!” and you should go to the Name Entry screen with the only name saying “SDR-LITE-PRESS-B” or something to that effect.
- Press “B” to exit the name select screen. You have now enabled SD Remix Lite! If you go back into the name entry screen, you should be able to edit name tags like normal.
- You will have to do this each time you boot up your console into SSBM, much like how with Project M you need to go into the stage builder every time you start Brawl.
- Just like normal SSBM, you can run multiple setups off of one memory card.